Using this workbook, the child EMDR psychotherapist guides the child client to create a notebook of drawings of the child`s own strengths and resources. Each page offers a "pick list" of examples related to the positive thought in the headline for that page. On each page the child is instructed to create a drawing or sculpture, or to tell or write a story related to that positive thought or resource.
This workbook is helpful to the EMDR therapist in several situations - for installation of resources in the Preparation phase of EMDR Therapy, for positive hands-on activities at the end of child therapy sessions, for selected parents to use at home to reinforce installation of positive resources, and for strength building if the child`s home life is too unstable for trauma processing. This workbook serves as a good companion to Goodbye Yucky Thoughts and Feelings. The workbook is also designed for use by non-EMDR therapists to help build confidence and a sense of mastery.
Table of Contents
See Also Goodbye Yucky Thoughts & Feelings by the same author
- Guide to external & internal resources for comfort, protection, & decision-making
- Guide to awareness of the child`s genuine strengths & capabilities
- Guide to help the child notice & challenge unhelpful, self-defeating thinking & replace it with helpful thinking
- Guide to recognize, label, and handle emotions
- Guide to the tools needed to process visual memory, thoughts, feelings, & body sensations related to an upsetting experience